Monday 16 March 2015

My first 'generic' EE template. . .


We collaboratively created some generic EE (explain everything) templates to use for the lower reading levels, whilst trying to encourage the start of higher level thinking with the action word DESCRIBE which comes from the SOLO pedagogy of learning.

I trialled this template with my top reading group (Green L12) and it was hard work with an 80% teacher input to 20% child input. I will re-present the learning opportunity to this group as I am sure multiple opportunities will ensure success.

I will report in next week to say how they did. . . 

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to hearing how your second attempt with this template goes - I really noticed a difference when I repeated with my learners and I think you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to hearing how your second attempt with this template goes - I really noticed a difference when I repeated with my learners and I think you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see what the student work looked like, it would be great to follow progress as they get more confident.

    ReplyDelete